This wiki is outdated. Our new wiki is located at http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/dunelegacy/.
About the game
Lead one of three interplanetary houses, Atreides, Harkonnen or Ordos, in an attempt to harvest the largest amount of spice from the sand dunes. Exchange your spice stockpiles for credits through refinement and build an army capable of thwarting attempts of the other houses to stop your harvesting!
Dune Legacy is an effort by a handful of developers to revitalize the first-ever real-time strategy game. The original game was the basis for the hugely successful Command and Conquer series, and the gameplay has been replicated an extended to a wide variety of storylines and series. There are currently two different branches of Dune Legacy.
A playable version is Richie's Branch (Last updated on 30.11.2010). It is based on the original Dune Legacy code released by Anthony Cole and was heavily refactored since than. Binaries for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X are available.
Ubuntu/Debian - x86: dunelegacy_0.96.1_i386.deb (0,6 MB)
Ubuntu/Debian - x86-64: dunelegacy_0.96.1_amd64.deb (0,6 MB)
Ubuntu/Debian - powerpc: dunelegacy_0.96.1_powerpc.deb (0,6 MB)
Fedora/Mandriva/SuSE - x86: dunelegacy-0.96.1.i386.rpm (0,6 MB)
Fedora/Mandriva/SuSE - x86-64: dunelegacy-0.96.1.x86_64.rpm (0,5 MB)
Gentoo ebuild: dunelegacy-0.96.1.ebuild
Windows - 32bit: Dune Legacy 0.96.1 Setup.exe (1 MB)
Mac OS X (10.4 or higher PPC/Intel): Dune Legacy 0.96.1.dmg.zip (2,7 MB)
Screenshots & Videos
Doon Lunacy Branch
The Doon Lunacy branch (new name) is under heavy development and it's development branch is not yet playable. It is rewritten from scratch and ports a lot of code to python. If you're a programmer or you're just eager to see what has been done so far check this page. Development is done at launchpad.
The Good News
- Dune Legacy project has been revived. There are even two active branches.
- You can use the original Dune 2 data. Just buy the game (if it is still sold somewhere) or you can get the original data from Dune 2 or from Super Dune 2 by doing some simple googling.
The Bad News
- You will eventually need the Dune 2 data to run Dune Legacy.
- To avoid trademark issues project needs a change of name
Old Sourceforge Version
- The game runs under Linux and even under Windows. Binaries for windows are available. See downloads.
- Dune Legacy is currently playable (for a given value of playable)
- Suggestions for new name
- If you have any suggestions or feature requests be our guest and add them here