ATTENTION: The information below is for the out-of-date version of dunelegacy on SVN at sourceforge.net.
This is just an initial version of Howto concerning compiling and running dunelegacy under linux. Ok, so what do you need? Two things
- The modified Dune 2 data (you can get it from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IBIVBXCD or http://shutdownrunner.tivi.net.pl/dunelegacy-data.zip)
* (If anyone knows a better place to store it with less ads please give us a link to it)
- Dunelegacy source code from Subversion.
If you have subversion type the following command
svn co https://dunelegacy.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dunelegacy/trunk dunelegacy
- On Ubuntu, you might need to install SVN:
sudo aptitude install subversion
So how do I compile it? (Note:This howto is meant for people who know what a compiler is. if you get many errors with -o something make sure you have a compiler e.g. execute
in command line. If you get
bash: g++ -v: command not found
then you don't have any compiler installed.Install it e.g. sudo apt-get install g++)
- Untar the modified dune 2 data in dunelegacy folder
- Ensure that you have everything required to build installed:
- On debian/ubuntu you need the following packages:
- As a single command:
sudo aptitude install libzzip-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-net1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libboost-dev libboost-signals-dev libboost-filesystem-dev scons
- for Mandriva do:
- 'urpmi SDL-devel zzip-devel SDL_mixer-devel SDL_ttf-devel SDL_net-devel SDL_image-devel boost-signals-devel boost-filesystem-devel'
- Type "scons" in the main dir (you need scons package to compile the game now)
- And of course ./dunelegacy
- If it doesn't work ask somebody in #dunelegacy at irc.freenode.net or paste your error to some pastebin and put a link on this page.
- Or even better if you don't get a response on irc, try posting to the mailing list as it's easier for people to follow things there..