Dune Legacy still needs a lot of "love" from developers, as it still contains many bugs.
But you, the users, have to know how to help us to get rid of bugs.
First of all, remember that we're not clairvoyants and we can't guess what causes the problem if we don't get a decent amount of information. So how do you help us?
- Give an exact description (step by step) on how to reproduce the bug
- Use a debugger (under linux, gdb is the standard) and paste the backtrace into your bug report
- gdb ./dunelegacy
- type "run" to start debugging
- do all the things that cause the game to hang up or otherwise demonstrate the bug
- type "bt", press Return
- copy what you get into http://pastebin.ca/
- include a link to the url pastebin gives you in the bug report
- test dunelegacy regularly (AKA: compile cvs versions)
- Enjoy the results!
In case any of you were curious gdb.