- Q: Will there be support for Dune 2000?
- A: No, there are no such plans and not really any interest in it either...
- Q: What platforms are supported?
- A: While most devs uses Linux as their dev platform, the code should be portable all the time (unless someone breaks it - in which case, report it as a bug)
- Q: There are different versions of Dune II. How can I find out which version I have?
- A: There are 4 main versions of Dune II: US-Version 1.0, US-Version 1.07, EU-Version 1.07, HitSquad-Version 1.07. You can have a look at our PAK-file list. It contains checksums for each PAK file and which version it belongs to.
- Q: Why can't I get Dune Legacy to work with the extractor?
- A: If you're thinking of the old extractor for Windows, it was never complete and able to extract everything. For the current one we're working on, which uses sandtools, it's not done either. Look at its wiki page for info about its progress etc.
- Q: Where can I get the data for the extractor?
- A: You can get the data from Dune 2 or Super Dune 2, but currently you cannot take much advantage of it - see above answer.
- Q: Will I need the extractor in the future?
- A: No, the plan is to have Dune Legacy read the data directly from the pak files and draw custom graphics with components based on these